MArch Dissertation Projects_Occupant-centered design research for selected urban context and site
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2018
Dissertation Projects to be completed 12 January 2018 +
- Maria Luisa Arze Diversification of the Chilean Mediagua
- Mohannad Abu Suhaiban Microclimate Devices for Outdoor Spaces in London
- Swati Bhargava Courtyards and Jaalis as Environmental Strategies for in Workspaces in Jaipur
- Kanishk Bhatt Office Design in Ahmedabad, India
- Georgina Di Gironimo Redefining Residential Environments in Buenos Aires
- Tingting Gao Jetty Regeneration-Community Hub along the Thames
- Daniel Ibarra Flores Passive Design for Multiple-Use Buildings in Mexico’s Hot-Dry and Mild Climates
- Karthica Kalyanasundaram Passive Design Strategies for Housing Clusters in the Tropics
- Anupa Ria Kurian Learning from Kerala’s Vernacular Architecture
- Pavithra Lakshmi The House that Follows its Occupants from Chennai to Delhi
- Naitikkumar Patel Passive Design for High-Rise Residential Buildings in Dubai
- Anjana Suresh Redesign of Gandhi Street Market, Trichy
- Poonam Sachdev Kaur Redesigning the Bazaar in Mumbai
- Gunveer Singh 24/7 IT Office in Delhi NCR
- Deep Kiran Gala Vertical Millenial Village in Mumbai
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2017 +
- Rafael Alonso Candau Whole Life Carbon in Office Building Design in London, UK (Distinction)
- Maria Kristina Alvarez Design of an Eco-Resort in the Philippines
- Elias Anka Preserving Cultural Heritage: Environmental Retrofit of the Beiruti Rose House
- Timothy De Los Santos Design of Sports Centre in Metro Manila
- Angela Dub Redefining Urban Living in Buenos Aires
- Paolo Flores Design of an Educational Complex in Metro Manila
- Romaissa Hadji Intermediary Spaces and their Environmental Impact on Office Towers in Dubai
- Varunya Jarunyaroj HDB Flat – Design of Public Housing in Singapore (Distinction)
- Zahraa Makke Design of village for children of war in the South of Lebanon
- John Salama Residual Spaces under Bridges: Art Hub in Cairo
- Shruti Shiva Social housing in Mumbai: learning from the chawl
- Wan Fong Wu Urban Synergy: Adaptive Infill Living -London prototype
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2016 +
- Antonio AlmeidaRefurbishment of Fishing Village, Trafaria, Portugal
- Sandheep Ellangovan Small Structures for Outdoor Comfort in Chennai, India
- Oindrila Ghosh Revitalising the Informal City, Kolkata, India
- Irene Giglio Retrofitting Project for the Corviale, Rome, Italy
- Nimya Mariam Urban Living in Warm-Humid Climates, Cochin, India
- Wasinee Prasongsumrit Shophouse Prototype, Bangkok, Thailand
- Cindrella Semaan Integrating vernacular strategies into contemporary buildings, Adma, Lebanon
- Monica Toledo Commercial Boulevard as New Urban Plaza, Santiago, Chile
- Julia Torrubia Aznárez Dynamic skins for office buildings, Madrid, Spain
- Ameer Mustafa Varzgani Daylight in Art Galleries and Museums, London, UK
- Jiaji Yang Low-Income Community, Guangzhou, China
- Daniel Zepeda Free-Running Office Buildings in Guadalajara, Mexico
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2015 +
- Han Chen Design for High Density Residential Community in Wuhan, China (Distinction)
- Adriana Comi Social Housing in Mexico City
- Kimmy El-Dash Designing Out Fuel Poverty, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Mahmoud Ezzeldin The Future of Library Design inNew York, USA
- Francisco Godoy Eco Tourism in Chile
- Anahí González Primary Educational Spaces, Mexico
- Madhulika Kumar School for Dance and Music, Trichy, India
- Ayelet Lanel Educational Spaces – Learning from Nature, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Rhiannon Laurie Future Library and Co-working Design in London, UK
- Gabriela Nuñez-Melgar Temporary Shelter for the Homeless, London, UK
- Artem Polomannyy Resilient Commercial Environments in Minsk, Belarus
- Hyosik Pyo Design of Tall Residential Building in Daegu, South Korea
- Jorge Ramirez Local Identity for Rural Social Housing, Northern Chile
- Andrea Rossi School & Community Centre on Lampedusa Island, Italy
- Praew Sirichanchuen Low-Income Community in Bangkok, Thailand
- Ganesh Sivakumar Affordable Housing Design, Tiruchirappali, India
- Pierluigi Turco Migrant Centre on Lampedusa Island, Italy
- Mariyam Zakiah Self-Build Houses in the Mountains, Sikkim, India
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2014 +
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2013
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2012 +
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2011 +
- Suraksha Bhatla. Tall Communities: Passive Urban Housing for the Tropics
- Ruth Dominguez. Habitat of pilgrims in Saint James Way:The use of water walls for transient spaces.
- Miguel Cardona Firpi. Re-Thinking the Creda Agenda in Barcelona: Designing adaptive urban living environments in a courtyard block.
- Celina Escobar. Reinterpretation of Residential Courtyard Typology in Seville: Density studies and Environmental Strategies.
- Pablo Gugel. Pushing the Climate Boundaries for Urban Earth-Sheltered Housing in Spain
- Constanza Jorquera. Achieving thermal comfort with passive means in a detached house central-southern Chile.
- Pamela Kravetsky. Urbanising the Detached House in Winnipeg’s Extreme Climate: Low Energy Design Through Strictly Passive Means.
- Amy Leedham. Re-humanizing the Hospital: Sustainable Innovations for Healthcare Architecture (Distinction).
- Didar Ozcelik. Underground Indoor Rock Climbing Center, Alacati,Turkey
- Jeewon Paek. Environmental Performance of Adaptive Building Envelope Design: Urban housing in Seoul, Korea
- Francisco Ramirez. Modular Low Carbon “Strawcrete”: Self-Built Application for a Rural Community in South Central Chile.
- Rodrigo Rodrigues. Dynamic Roof Structures for Retail Use: A prototype for low energy design in a temperate climate.
- Fanor Serrano. Massive Timber Construction: An energy efficient urban infill in London.
- Orapim Tantipat. Multi-storey housing in the tropical city, Bangkok
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2010 +
- Isha Anand. Contemporzing Religious Architecture.
- Chanasit Cholasuek. Sustainable Low Income Community in Bangkok.
- Jose Antonio Espinoza de Tudela. Post Disaster Housing for Chile
- Olga Maria Conto Sterling. Learning Environments in Informal Settlements, Colombia.
- Anuja Pandit. Contemporary Indian Housing, Pune, India – Making use of transition spaces as social and climatic mediator.
- Katerina Pantazi. Urban Metaphors : Exploring the Urban Roofscape Of Athens.
- Gilda Riveros. Urban Social Housing in Colombia.
- Saranti, K. Architectural Microclimatic Interventions in a Square_Patras Greece.
- Stojkovic, M. Dynamic Office Building Façade In Temperate Climate.
- Alexandra Theodorou. Accommodating Change: Housing in London
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2009 +
- Jorge Eduardo De Souza Hue. Design of a Cultural Centre in Madureira, Rio De Janeiro.
- Eric Blake Jackson. (Bedford)2: Rethinking The AA Graduate School-Scheme for a Bioclimatic Live/Work Facility.
- Gwenedd Murray. Ecological Learning Centre for the Marin Academy, San Rafael, California: Perception of Comfort within Naturally Ventilated Classrooms.
- Lucy Ely Querales. Re-shaping Energy Efficient Buildings through Microclimatic Assessment: Caracas Case.
- Ekachai Sophonudomporn. Dynamic Daylighting Responsive: A Design Proposal for an Art Gallery.
- Anya Thomas. Gone Fishing. Self help development for low income fishing communities in Sri Lanka
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2008 +
- Kanika Agarwal. Residential Cluster, Ahmedabad: Development of a Housing Community Based on the traditional pol housing.
- Yasamin Arbabi. High Altitude Design: Optimising Residential Architecture in the Alborz Mountain.
- Tiffany D.Broyles. Ground UP: Defining an Architectural Typology for the Urban Farm.
- Vidhi Gupta . Rethinking “Openings and Voids” in the design of a “Quality Workspace”
- Krista Murray Raines. Rethinking the Underground Passenger Environment.
- Annie Diana Babu. A Low Energy Passenger Terminal Building for Ahmedabad Airport, India.
- Lai Min-Hui. Low Energy Row House Community in Kaohsiung (South Taiwan).
- Farah Naz. Energy Efficient Garment Factories in Bagladesh.
AA SED Master of Architecture MArch 2007 +
- Giles Bruce. High Density, Low Energy. Achieving solar access for Dublin’s multi – storey apartment developments.
- Haven Burkee. Comfort in the Keys: Low energy residential design in the Florida Keys.
- Natalia Kokosalaki. Lightweight Stadium for Hot Climates.
- Sayed Z. Majidi. Next Stop Kabul – rapid structures and climate context.